[kj] (OT) That was a big one...

planetary at socal.rr.com planetary at socal.rr.com
Sun Apr 4 23:25:53 EDT 2010

"Bill Meissner" wrote:

I was in Amoeba flipping through some records and it felt like the floor was moving from side to side. I looked around and nobody seemed to notice what was happening. I stood there for a minute questioning my mental state until they announced it over the in store speakers.

Those floors at Amoeba seem to vibrate even under normal circumstances, especially upstairs.

I live in Huntington Beach, but I'm vacationing at the in-laws in Tuscon, AZ this week. It's funny, but any time we're gonna be gone more than a couple days, I move some stuff off shelves and certain paintings off walls which may fall and break in a decent sized 'quake and my wife gives me a hard time about it. But the last couple times we've been away, there's been minor earthquakes at home that would have resulted in those kinda thing getting damaged had they been left alone. The flip side is, if we were home and a quake happened, that shit would fall and get damaged which kinda makes the whole thing silly.

T.B.