[kj] P-I-L Brixton 86

iPat pmdavies at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 04:44:13 EDT 2009

Thanks Jon, been a while since i heard that!

the spitting at gigs was awful but looking back I have little sympathy with
some of the 'stars'. They championed it when it was avant garde Kings Road
Punk Rock chic but when it was copied and continued by the Oi! type brigade
they complained.

I was always amazed that little annie took it without comment, as opening it
for Crass she was an easy target for those who did it to play the role or
who showed utter contempt for what she was doing. Many non art school 'punk'
bands never complained to what was a disgusting habit.

In the same way that the 'Chav' has taken Burberry and spoilt it for the
priveleged elite it was designed for by making it council estate head to toe
chic,the chavs of the day took spitting to a head to toe art form. And the
likes of Lydon and Siouxsie wailed. The spitters were as welcome as the
English Defence League at Fridays prayers