[kj] OT: BNP on Question Time

Rob's Arse joker at Z6.com
Fri Oct 23 09:01:33 EDT 2009

Hello all. Been a while.

I found the whole thing frustrating.
I don't think it was particularly fairly moderated though he did deserve the kicking he got.

I feel uncomfortable when anyone is shouted down and their voice is drowned. I think no-one had a particularly open mind and I think that he managed to show himself as rather inadequate in dealing with the crowd.
He was rather sycophantic whilst dealing with Bonnie Greer wasn't he?

One interesting point was made though regarding Churchill. Britain in the 40's was not at all tolerant of imigrants was it? It was only in the 70's and 80's that the debate REALLy got going.
My grandfather's generation all used derogatory terms for blacks, Indians, Pakistani's etc.
I would have thought that the BNP views of today could well have appealled to many in the 40's.

Griffin made much of his claim that he has changed his views but this was largely rejected. But look at what has happened in Northern Ireland with ex IRA terrorists in parliament. Look at Mandella. He changed from being a violent activist didn't he. Could Griffin have learned a lesson? Maybe. I am usually a trusting.

The problem with Griffin is, I don't believe him. Not one bit. He's a deceptive monster who appeals to a frightening number of ill informed people. As iPat rightly says, you are not going to change the minds of these people (you could argue that they don't even have them to change). Griffin is teh puclic face of teh BNP, what worries me is tha there are more extreme people lurking in the shadows. We KNOW they are there.

At the end of teh day, he didn't perform well and I am pleased that we live in a place that gives the opportunity for people like him to make idiots of themselves.

As an aside, does anyone else think that Jack Straw is an appalling public speaker that seems to have a problem with looking people in the eye?

Back to sleep now.

www.iamscuzzy.com www.myspace.com/scuzzywear