[kj] fully ON topic - new tracks

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 8 09:39:18 EDT 2009

Trying to find convenient one-shot labels is certainly a pointless activity, but it's not the same as discussing the elements that make up their music or the influences behind them. Part of KJ is certainly metal (IMHO), in the same way that parts are also dub, punk, post-punk, new-wave etc etc. Geordie might not be the reincarnation of Eddie Wank Halen, but I've never thought he sounded remotely like Zal Clemenson either, and I'd never disregard SAHB's influence on the Joke. Labels do serve as a convenient entry point for new fans however, and I think 'metal' is probably their most obvious connection in that regard.

Jim.