[kj] (OT) An American Sickness

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 6 21:47:36 EDT 2009

> I don't think that there's enough anger in America these days.

   As tempting as that may be to think, I think the truth is a little more like that while there is enough anger, what thereisn't enough of is doing something because of it.** So all that anger (and its human host-nation) is imploding inward, and if at all aimed outward, it's at all the wrong issues and, worse, the wrong people (skapegoats). But maybe now that the outgoing LA police chief is circulating his public-paranoia-community-policing-of-possible-homegrown-neighborhood-terrorist-plots video, maybe we'll finally find a 'proper' outlet for our "issues."

> WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY!

   For really good answers to that, there's plenty of articles here spelling it out.
Or at least google Henry Giroux and go from there.

** It is wrong to address the sources of indignation and injustice that cause anger; one "must be" bitter and "disgruntled" to do so, to be an "agitator." Asking from bosses/authorities/"the Law" for justice and/or redress is labelled "complaining," and to do so more than once (or*gasp* twice or so..ooooOooh!) is to engage in frivolous charges, claims or lawsuits. It's better to suffer injustice/unfairness/work-related shortshrift and bullshit,etc. seethingly-yet-quietly, all the more because now such suffering is now both openly hailed and culturally institutionalized as "appropriately paying your dues."  theabovealltongue-in-cheekofcourse...

Anyway, about that gas-mask bra.. pictures!

Do like so:... tuck in here:... and,

Ta - da!!!