[kj] OT: Great Dave Vanian interview

Mike Cooper mike at coopersurf.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Oct 5 19:31:59 EDT 2009

I am probably well alone here but I found it all really trippy and very
surreal!! I have seen the Damned a fair bit since the mid 80's and that is
the first time I have ever ever ever heard DV speak or talk or anything! I
am really struggling to relate this interview and to the bloke running
around the stage singing Smash It Up etc. I thought Dave Vanian just sang
and could not actually talk so he let Sensible do it. Truly weird as he
also now looks and sounds like a bloke where I work (ground floor Pete near
the Turks Head window side). Bizarre but looking forward to seeing them
support Motorhead though!