[kj] OT: Rudimentary Peni

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 2 19:52:58 EDT 2009

I posted this on FaceBook, but what the hell.

I know some of you are also fans - LIKE ME - of long running gloomy Brit
punks Rudimentary Peni. In 2008 they released the quite excellent"No
More Pain" CD. It's good.

Durtro, which is owned by David Tibet of Current 93, has been saying for
... months? years? .. that is it was publishing a novel by the singer of
Rudimentary Peni, Nick Blinko. They also said it would come with a ltd.
edition CD with unreleased Rudimentary Peni music on it. Like any
ethical businesses they started taking orders before the product was
made, and if I remember correctly the price was around $80 USD - $100
USD. Expensive, expensive.

Now Dutro has announced the book will be delayed ... again ... and if
you pre-paid, they will refund your money. If you want. The info is
buried down the page here: http://www.durtro.com/newsf.html

This has been going onf or some time now.

Shades of Gems of Power....

-Oliver