[kj] OT: PART 1

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 30 18:47:50 EST 2009

I have mentioned this post-punk band before, who existed from 1980 -
1984 in London and were a sister band to Rudimentary Peni, but more
post-punk sounding, in the kind of UK Decay-The Mob-Vex-The Dark sort of
milieu of bands, although Part 1 were closer to the Crass Records scene
than UK Decay. They list early Siouxsie and Bauhaus as influences. They
are one of those cool guitar-driven creepy post-punk gothic punk rock
bands that have kinda gone down the memory hole. :(

Anyway, I made a fan video for them here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhRRavuRtzA

They are on MySpace here: http://www.myspace.com/part1punk

And I made Facebook fan group/page for them. Search for "PART 1" once
logged in to FaceBook and you'll probably see it.

Cheers,

:)

--Oliver