[kj] another studio clip - endgames

Paul Rangecroft paul.rangecroft at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 16:33:18 EST 2009

I like Youth. Seeing the original line-up for the first time earlier this
year was a personal highlight in my time following KILLING JOKE. He does
have stage presence as Jamie says and his blogs are certainly entertaining.
It's hard to tell from the new clips because they're so short but it sounds
like this album has the potential to be the best thing they've done for
ages. However we've been let down by hype and expectation before. The live
versions of TIME WAVE and FRESH FEVER... didn't do that much for me either.

I would question how relevant the experience Youth refers to is given how
unlike KILLING JOKE most if not all of the other bands he's produced are. Of
the first three albums he's stated in the past that he wasn't into
REVELATIONS which I find disappointing (no tracks on the recent setlist
either) and I suspect his favourite is WHAT'S THIS FOR which I wouldn't
agree with either. His contribution in the 90s was decidedly hit and miss.

I wouldn't be in favour of abandoning him entirely in the absence of an
alternative but I would hope that the others stand their ground in terms of
production/direction.