[kj] OT: Onion $10 t shirt sale

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Wed Nov 25 12:47:00 EST 2009

I had a t-shirt synchronicity (band name) the other day. My fave t-shirt
is the one with Soundgarden's Superunknown album cover. Haven't been able
to buy them for over a decade, think I ordered the last ones on ebay, and
they were so old they all fell apart, one in semi-Hulk style (sans most of
the muscles and the gree hue) during a gig. In fact their guitarist was
talking about & apologising for that in an article recently.

So I went to an online store where you can design your own t-shirts by
uploading pics - cafepress.com. Designed something as close as I could
come to it, but with a visble line where the black of the uploaded pic
meets the standard black t shirt. Decided not to get it before doing some
more research / due dilligence...replicating such a masterpiece needs to
be approached with the utmost respect & care, as I am sure you can
appreciate.

The very next day I was watching Juno (90 mins I'll never get back, thanks
Rotten Tomatoes), and Jason Bateman's chacacter is wearing THE EXACT SAME
T SHIRT. Non-original, same line fade. Assume the film studio art dept
couldn't find an original Superunknown t-shirt, which in my opinion - and
there a few more qualified to opine on the original 1994 Superunknown Size
L Brockum t-shirt than I - they wanted to use to convey the fact that
this guy is a 30-something grunge rocker living in the past (more
synchronicity ;)...it being one of the seminal 90s grunge shirts (although
l eventually found something that got the seminal stains out).