[kj] KJ Dream

Phillipps Marc Marc.Phillipps at enfield.nhs.uk
Tue Nov 24 10:50:57 EST 2009

>a proof that Jaz is, in fact, Noah

Or Ahab

________________________________

From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]
On Behalf Of countessghoulita at aol.com
Sent: 24 November 2009 15:49
To: gathering at misera.net
Subject: Re: [kj] KJ Dream

a proof that Jaz is, in fact, Noah...

-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Perry <65snoopy at gmail.com>
To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)
<gathering at misera.net>
Sent: Tue, Nov 24, 2009 5:56 am

A few months ago I had a dream that KJ were playing in an old pub on the
Cornwall coast
(south west England for non-UK gatherers). It was an old 'smugglers inn'
style place and
the only access was down a fairly steep hillside path. Jaz and the band
were sat in the
pub and myself and lots of other KJ fans all made our way into the pub.
But before the gig
could start, Jaz insisted that we help him carry a large rowing boat out
of the pub and further down
the hillside path and put it in the sea. So a bunch of us, with Jaz,
hoisted this bloody boat onto
our shoulders and spent A REALLY LONG TIME trying to get it down the
cliff path. This went on
and on in annoying slow-motion dreamtime, and the path went on for
ever... until I woke up
with a sense of panic that I was going to miss the gig. Followed by
irritation that the time
would have been better spent actually performing a gig instead of
carrying a rowing boat.
I'm convinced it would have been the best imaginary KJ gig ever.

A metaphor for the amount of time between KJ albums? I think so.