[kj] KJ Dream

Neil Perry 65snoopy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 08:56:11 EST 2009

A few months ago I had a dream that KJ were playing in an old pub on the
Cornwall coast
(south west England for non-UK gatherers). It was an old 'smugglers inn'
style place and
the only access was down a fairly steep hillside path. Jaz and the band were
sat in the
pub and myself and lots of other KJ fans all made our way into the pub. But
before the gig
could start, Jaz insisted that we help him carry a large rowing boat out of
the pub and further down
the hillside path and put it in the sea. So a bunch of us, with Jaz, hoisted
this bloody boat onto
our shoulders and spent A REALLY LONG TIME trying to get it down the cliff
path. This went on
and on in annoying slow-motion dreamtime, and the path went on for ever...
until I woke up
with a sense of panic that I was going to miss the gig. Followed by
irritation that the time
would have been better spent actually performing a gig instead of carrying a
rowing boat.
I'm convinced it would have been the best imaginary KJ gig ever.

A metaphor for the amount of time between KJ albums? I think so.