[kj] Personal army request re: KJ's "The Wait"

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 23 06:46:33 EST 2009

Personal army request:

I posted this fan vid of the '79 demo of KJ's "The Wait" to YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MylitUsCPds

So, I *love* this version. I said it could be in the ranking as an early
example of metal-punk "crossover," but admitted in the description that
the debate is hardly settled (Motorhead, etc.)

So, anyway, some random douchebag comes on AND GAVE "THE WAIT" TWO
STARS! And it's the only rating for the song/video.

He also pretty much disparages Killing Joke and claims the band belonged
in the category of Siouxsie and the Banshees (regardless of what "The
Wait," as an individual song, itself sounds like. (If anything, Siouxsie
later ripped off "The Wait" with her song "Monitor," which uses
basically the same riff as "The Wait," but is not as heavy.) Then the
idiot goes on to claim Discharge (!) were the first to combine metal and
punk, and that Metallica in the 1980s sucked (as opposed to how
Metallica are now...??) And this is even though I said the debate about
the first metal-punk crossover song(s) is still open. Maybe it was
Motorhead. But I think "The Wait" should be considered in the running.

Can you Gatherers please go on there and verbally kick this dude's ass?
His nick is "Wearenotreallyhere":
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MylitUsCPds>

If nothing else please give the fan vid higher star ratings. not for me,
but for Killing Joke. :) Right now it is rated as a two star song.

-Oliver