[kj] FW: Dara O Briain, Mos Def, Julian Casablancas, The Gossip, DJ Jazzy Jezz and much more

Antoni Adamiak pssyche23 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 12 20:47:55 EST 2009

how bad is this mailshot ??? KILLING JOE !!! Twats ...

Subject: Dara O Briain, Mos Def, Julian Casablancas, The Gossip, DJ Jazzy Jezz and much more
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 11:41:20 -0800
To: pssyche23 at hotmail.com
From: NOREPLY at MAMAGROUP.CO.UK

HMV Hammersmith ApolloThe HMV ForumHeavenJazz CafeThe BorderlineULUBarflyThe FlyRelentless Garage

DARA O BRIAIN, KILLING JOE, MOS DEF , JULIAN CASABLANCAS, TORI AMOS,
WIN TICKETS TO NANCY ELIZABETH and more...

Highlights

Off The Kerb Productions presents
Dara O Briain

HMV Hammersmith Apollo / Sat 25 Sep 2010 / 7pm / £25.00 adv
Following 2008's sold out national tour, best selling DVD "Dara O Briain Talks Funny" and his debut book "Tickling The English", award winning stand-up comedian Dara O Briain joins us at the HMV Hammersmith Apollo. Don't miss this unique opportunity to catch the most charming, charismatic, fast-talking funny man working on the UK's live comedy circuit today. Book early to avoid disappointment.

HMV Tickets
Ticketmaster

Live Nation presents
Lynrd Skynrd

HMV Hammersmith Apollo / Sat 6 Mar 2010 / 7pm / £40.00 adv
Beyond the tragedy, the history, the raging guitars and the killer songs, ultimately, Lynyrd Skynyrd is about an indomitable will. With their first set of new studio material since 2003's Vicious Cycle, legendary rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd returns with "God & Guns". "We're still standing, still keeping the music going. We wanted to do the guys who aren't with us any more proud, and keep the name proud, too" says Gary Rossington. A night not to be missed! TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY 13 NOV AT 9AM

HMV Tickets
Ticketmaster

Mean Fiddler & Classic Rock Magazine presents
High Voltage Festival

London Victoria Park / Sat 24 & Sun 25 July 2010
Keep your eyes peeled for more news on Britain's newest and best adult rock festival... Coming to Victoria Park next July! www.highvoltagefestival.com

Mean Fiddler presents
Killing Joke

HMV Hammersmith Apollo / Fri 16 Apr 2010 / 7pm / £22.50 adv
With a reputation forged in fire, brimstone and magic, Killing Joke have long been one of rock's most iconic and influential outfits. Now, 30 years since first bonding in blood, the original line-up of Jaz Coleman, Geordie, Youth and Paul Ferguson are set to start work on their 13th studio album due. Once described as "the sound of the earth vomiting", Killing Joke are poised to take their music to a whole new level, both in the studio and on the road.

HMV Tickets
Ticketmaster

Mean Fiddler presents
Mos Def

HMV Forum / Sun 29 Nov/ 7pm / £22.50 adv
The legendary Mos Def who first graced us with the group 'Black Star' comes to London for a special one off show. Regarded by his peers as one of the most prolific MC's, he's fresh off touring, with amazing reviews coming in for his new album 'The Ecstatic' in the US. A night to remember!

HMV Tickets
Ticketmaster

Mean Fiddler presents
DJ Jazzy Jeff

Jazz Cafe / Thu 17 Dec / 7:00pm / £16.50 adv
Jazzy Jeff's love of music shines through on all projects, whether it's with Will Smith, Jill Scott or his own solo records. Over the course of his career Jeff has achieved many accomplishments, but he is a humble man who is still doing it as his 2002 hit said "For Da Love of Da Game." Book NOW to avoid disappointment!

HMV Tickets
Ticketmaster

Tori Amos - EXCLUSIVE FREE SHOW!

Jazz Cafe / Wed 2 Nov / 7pm
Tori Amos will be supporting the release of her brand new album "Midwinter Graces" by playing an intimate free show at the Jazz Cafe on Wednesday 2 December. Fans can pick up free wristbands which allow them access to the event. Wristbands will be available only from HMV, 150 Oxford Street, London, W1D 1DJ from 8.00am on Wednesday 2 December onwards. One wristband per customer maximum, in person only, while stocks last, subject to availability, at participating store only.

Buy Tori Amos Album

Metropolis Music presents
Julian Casablancas
*2nd Date Announced*

HMV Forum / Tue 15 Dec/ 7pm / £20.00 adv
Strokes frontman and heart-throb Julian Casablancas is confirmed for a 2nd night with us at the HMV Forum in support of his debut solo album, "Phrazes for the Young". He's already sold out one night, and his effortless vocal style and fierce songwriting talent makes this one hot ticket!

HMV Tickets
Ticketmaster

NME calling presents
The Gossip
*EXTRA TICKETS JUST RELEASED!*

HMV Forum / Sat 28 Nov / 7pm / £17.50 adv
The Gossip have always said "Our mission is to make you dance, and if you're not gonna dance, just stay at home and listen to the oldies station." So get yourself to the HMV Forum and get on down! The set list is bound to feature favourites like "Standing In The Way Of Control" plus new tracks from their latest long player "Music For Men". Extra tickets just released so get 'em while you can!

Ticketmaster

SJM Concerts & Live Nation presents
A Day To Remember

HMV Forum / Fri 12 Mar 2010 / 7pm / £13.00 adv
Rising from the punk rock hotbed of Florida, A Day To Remember craft a blend of the music they loved into a niche of their own. Their sound combines the punk-pop of Blink182 and New Found Glory with brutal hardcore beatdowns. They've worked hard to win over every fan they make; rapidly-spreading buzz and undeniable musical abilities have made this young band one of the most talked about bands in rock. Get your tickets now!

HMV Tickets
Ticketmaster

Mean Fiddler presents
Joey Negro's Sunburst Band

Jazz Cafe / Fri 29 & Sat 30 Jan 2010/ 7pm / £17.50 adv
Back by popular demand, Joey Negro and his Sunburst Band return to the Jazz Cafe! Under a plethora of monikers, Dave Hill was in the studio making credible British House music when many luminaries were still busy getting to grips with their decks! Tonight he hosts his global sensation the Sunburst Band, and on the Friday once the band have wowed the Jazz Cafe audience Dave will DJ into the night and keep the crowd happy till close!

HMV Tickets
Ticketmaster

Live Nation presents
The Decemberists
*EXTRA TICKETS JUST RELEASED*

HMV Forum / Wed 18 Nov/ 7pm / £18.50 adv
Portland based rockers The Decemberists have a sound that ranges from upbeat pop to instrumentally lush ballads. In their lyrics, the band eschews the angst and introspection common to modern rock, instead favouring a storytelling approach. Their latest album "Hazards of Love" released in March this year was met with universal enthusiasm. Extra tickets just released. So get 'em while you can!

Ticketmaster

Mean Fiddler presents
Raul Malo

Jazz Cafe / Thu 28 Jan 2010/ 7pm / £17.50 adv
The former Mavericks vocalist joins us at the Jazz Cafe having signed with Fantasy, enlisting Steve Berlin of Los Lobos as co-producer and releasing his first album of new songs in seven years, "Lucky One". After close to 20 years of making music, Malo is having more fun than ever. "I get to play exactly what I want. I have a great band. I have great fans," he says.

HMV Tickets
Ticketmaster

Live Nation presents
Fionn Regan

ULU / Wed 24 Feb 2010 / 7:00pm / £10.00 adv
Described as "the sound of towns and dimly lit streets; heartfelt and with a ragged edge" Fionn Regan has ploughed himself a new furrow. Citing his musical influences as Bob Dylan, The Beatles, The Velvet Underground and Nirvana, Regan has drawn comparisons to Young, Woody Guthrie and John Lennon.

Ticketweb

Also on sale

Levi's Ones To Watch presents
The 5 Night Revue Hoxton Bar & Kitchen & Cargo/ Mon 16 Nov - Fri 20 Nov / 7:00pm / £6.50 adv
Levi's One's To Watch announced Mr Hudson is to play the 5 Night Revue 2009 closing party at Cargo! Collect your free closing party tickets from the Levis Carnaby Street store NOW!

16 Nov
Cherbourg (Andrew Davies Solo) / Goldheart Assembly / Young Rebel Set
Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen
Tue 17 Nov
Crystal Fighters / Wild Palms / Violens
Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen
Wed 18 Nov
Marina & the Diamonds / Wolf Gang / Clock Opera
Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen SOLD OUT!
Thu 19 Nov
Sky Larkin / MPHO / Beth Jeans Houghton
Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen
Fri 20 Nov
MR HUDSON JUST ANNOUNCED The Whip / Alex Metric (live set) / Ezra Bang & the Hot Machine / Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen

Lovebox and Electric Minds presents
Hot Blood ft. An Arthur Russell Tribute + Killer Whale (live) + My Tiger Taming (live) + Tom Findlay (Groove Armada) + Maurice Fulton + Faze Axction + Yam Who? + Hot Blood DJs Relentless Garage/ Fri 27 Nov (& every last Fri of the month) / 7:00pm / £6.00 adv first 100 tickets, £9 thereafter
Hot Blood is the first in a series of monthly parties produced by Lovebox where the focus runs the gamut of 'dance', be it disco, house, techno, new wave, post punk, funk, dub-step or the all encompassing re-edit culture. The first party, a collaboration with Electric Minds, is the launch party for The Arthur Russell Tribute Album which will include a screening of the celebrated Matt Wolf documentary 'Wild Combination', with a number of live bands and DJs including Killer Whale who will perform their contribution to the album project.

Ticketweb

Mean Fiddler presents
Panther Barfly Camden / Sun 14 Feb 2010 / 7:30pm / £6.00 adv
Panther has recently released the album "Entropy", out on Kill Rock Stars (home to Deerhoof, Xiu Xiu, Decemberists, etc). With a mixture of punk and a.m radio influences, these new songs are more piano driven and feature lush layers of vocals and guitars taking evenly from such influences as E.L.O, Steely Dan, The Fall and Swell Maps.

Ticketweb

Mean Fiddler presents
Me My Head The Relentless Garage / Thu 3 Dec / 7:00pm / £6.00 adv
Formed out of a union born of hope and belief in one another, Me My Head met through mothers and fathers, mixed up recordings, mutual friends, enemies and lovers. Theirs is a sound hungry for big stages, echoing elements of new wave romantics, lonely space travellers, love lost, ice cold pop and the thunder of a house falling down.

Ticketweb

Mean Fiddler presents
The Invisible The Borderline / Thu 21 Jan 2010 / 7:00pm / £12.50 adv
What started as work on Dave Okumu's solo project in 2006 bloomed into a fully fledged band with friends Tom and Leo. Having toured London extensively and built up a loyal fan base, the band describes themselves as "experimental genre-spanning spacepop". Catch them at the Borderline this spring!

HMV Tickets
Ticketweb

Kilimanjaro presents
Katatonia Relentless Garage / Thu 11 Mar 2010 / 7:00pm / £12.00 adv
Katatonia return to London to promote their acclaimed new album "Night Is The New Day" on Peaceville Records. Combining metal and progressive landscapes, this is a must see for fans of acts such as Opeth, Porcupine Tree and more!

HMV Tickets
Ticketweb

Mean Fiddler presents
ReamonnThe Borderline / Sat 27 Feb 2010 / 7:00pm / £10.00 adv
German rockers Reamonn are ready to reach a new pinnacle. Their 5th studio album is self titled, and proudly displays the results of the band's greatest creative endeavours to date. It's the ultimate statement by a band who in recent times have claimed their place at the top table!

HMV Tickets
Ticketweb

Barfly presents
The Chalk Farm Jamboree Barfly Camden, The Monarch & The Enterprise / Thu 31 Dec / 8:00pm / £16.00 adv
North London's BIGGEST NYE! 3 venues for 1 ticket! Acts include Rogues (live) + Spindle & Wit (live) + Lovebox Allstars DJs (The Barfly), Ultimate Power Club (The Monarch) and Soundtracks DJS (The Enterprise). Superhero fancy dress is required!

Ticketweb

Barfly presents
Rogues The Lexington / Tue 24 Nov / 7:00pm / £6.00 adv
Following the release of their lauded 2009 single 'Not So Pretty' and fresh from the summer festival circuit, Harrow based Rogues return this November with a four track EP entitled 'Widows'. Their debut single and live shows have generated a storm of interest gaining support from the likes of Zane Lowe, John Kennedy and The Fly and have established an ever-growing legion of followers.

Ticketweb

Barfly presents
Royal Bangs + MEN + The Tunics Barfly Camden / Mon 23 Nov 2010 / 7:30pm / £7.00 adv
Royal Bangs are the most original sounding band from Knoxville, Tennessee, ever! Their latest offering "Let It Beep" finds the band's sound evolving with an increased emphasis on syrup-thick synths and dance-ey drum programming coupled with earnest echoes of fervid 70s rock legends like Springsteen and Thin Lizzy.

Ticketweb

LastFM presents @ Barfly
Wave Machines (live) + The Coolness (live) + Films Of Colour (live) + Starsmith + Patchwork Pirates + Bi-Polar Men + LastFM DJs Barfly Camden / Fri 20 Nov / 8:00pm / Free before 10pm when you sign up to LastFM events

>From the NME heralded electro-indie pop of Wave Machines, through songwriter/producer du jour and Frankmusik tour partner Starsmith and ending at super-club Fabric residents Patchwork Pirates, the launch night of this monthly happening more than lives up to the high expectations of both Last FM users and Barfly patrons CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

More in London

Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears
Fri 13 Nov
Elliot Minor
Fri 20 Nov
The Wailers
Sun 22 Nov
The Wailers
Tue 24 Nov
Fat Freddy's Drop
Mon 30 Nov

Sennen
Wed 9 Dec
Matt Berry
Wed 16 Dec
Judy Collins
Sun 31 Jan
Moishe's Bagel
Wed 2 Feb
Jedi Mind Tricks
Sat 20 Feb

Win Win Win

Mean Fiddler presents
Nancy Elizabeth + Cate Le Bon + Message To Bears
The Borderline / Sat 21 Nov / 7:30pm / £8.00 adv

Nancy Elizabeth mixes folk and post-rock influences to make her enchanting and dynamic music. Her latest album "Wrought Iron" is out now and we proudly present her live at the Borderline with support from Cate Le Bon and Message To Bears, and guess what folks? We've got 2 pairs of tickets up for grabs! Just answer this question:

Name the Neon Neon track Cate Le Bon provided the vocals for?

To win simply email your answer to the question along with your name, and NANCY in the subject header to winwinwin at meanfiddler.co.ukby 1pm on Thursday 19th November.

For more information on this gig or to buy tickets, click here.

Mean Fiddler presents
Get The Blessing & Taylor McFerrin
Jazz Cafe / Thu 19 Nov / 7pm / £12.00 adv

Tied to jazz by its spirit but with a punk attitude, rock energy, and beats driven by a foundation in dance, Get The Blessing (formerly The Blessing) walk the thin line between jazz and alt rock. With influences ranging from Sigur Ros to Samuel Beckett, Get The Blessing confound expectations, teases your inner-ear hairs, then wallops you in the lunar plexus! Win one of 2 pairs of tickets by answering this simple question:

Where are Get The Blessing from?

To win simply email your answer to the question along with your name, and BLESSING in the subject header to winwinwin at meanfiddler.co.uk by 1pm on Thursday 19th November.

For more information on this gig or to buy tickets, click here.

Prices quoted are advance price face value excluding booking fees.
Door prices are often higher. If in doubt please contact the venue.

If you wish to update your records to exclude you from receiving future emails regarding pre-sales, special offers
and advance notice of forthcoming events,please unsubscribe here. Please do not reply to this email.

MAMA Group Plc, Registered Office: 59-65 Worship Street, London, EC2A 2DU. Company number: 4254431.