[kj] [OT] Damned Jugg re-releases

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 27 14:43:54 EDT 2009

Damn, that is cool.

The Damned were one of the main gateway drugs for me into punk in the
late 1980s. I got the "Light At the End of the Tunne" double cassette
(!) set then, and it had "Thanks for the Night," and honestly a
not-too-bad selection of tracks from their overall career. I have never
heard their "Pretty Vacant" cover. But I did used to have a "DAMNED with
SOCIAL DISTORTION @ the Hollywood Paladium" gig/subway poster from 1986
on my wall, when I was growing. Sadly, I threw it away. I hate myself
sometimes.

-Oliver