[kj] OT: free video conversion software

Bo Krogsgaard bo.krogsgaard at gmail.com
Tue May 26 15:41:46 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 7:53 PM, <a.madani at anirrationaldomain.net> wrote:

> Thanks to all for the tips & tricks.  I don't know a codec from a hole in

> the ground, but I'll mess around with the softwares and figure it out sooner

> or later.

That's what GSpot is good for, it tells you exactly what codec you
actually need, and no matter how you twist and turn it, you will need
the right codec in order to convert the file to something else.

But if you just want to watch the videos, listen to the folks who
suggested VLC (www.videolan.org). Apart from some really obscure
flaws, it plays virtually everything you throw at it.