[kj] OT: chik chik BOOM!

Geoffrey ODonoghue go1845 at yahoo.com
Fri May 22 22:30:10 EDT 2009

You're correct Brendan - in Aus 'wog' is most commonly used to refer to people of Greek and Italian heritage. It probably came into widespread usage as a result of the immigration schemes of the 50s and 60s which brought large numbers of Greeks and Italians to Australia. As you said 'wog' may also be applied to people from the Middle East (Lebanon etc). I've also heard it applied to people of Balkan origin (Serbia, Croatia).

Geoff