[kj] Killing Joke: Clash influenced?

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Fri May 22 19:07:41 EDT 2009

I love the Clash, personally. But, I can clearly see where the two
bands would ....er....."clash," if you will. For all their agitprop
sloganeering, the Clash were inherently an optimistic band with very
populist ideals. I don't think the same could really be said for
Killing Joke, a band whose initial philosophy was cut from an entirely
different cloth.

Musically, though, they both have solid ties to reggae. Journalist
Kris Needs is both a huge friend of both Mick Jones and Youth's. I'm
sure he's got some stories about the two bands' feelings towards each
other.

Alex in NYC