[kj] Play dead

Bo Krogsgaard bo.krogsgaard at gmail.com
Fri May 1 06:07:07 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Brendan <bq at soundgardener.co.nz> wrote:

> Codecs always give me a headache...I use VLC media player generally, find

> it a lot less annoying than M$'s player. It plays flv files and other

> different formats that Windows Media Player won't.

I stick to smplayer for two reasons. The major one is that it has a
zillion features for rendering and timing subtitles, which i depend
on, since most movies i watch are in languages i don't understand. The
minor one is that the UI for VLC is terrible (okay, it got better
recently, but still).

> If you want to change the file associations let me know, or Google it if

> you want, there's multiple ways to do it, pretty standard on Windows from

> 2000 on. Or you can simply re-install the player you want to use and let

> it reclaim the associations.

In the worst case, right click and choose "open with".