[kj] OT: I dislike Farcebook

melinda grant hollytree1961 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 29 11:24:54 EDT 2009

a little reminder brendan,i prefur to be called milinda,thanks ;)

milindafgrant

From: bq at soundgardener.co.nz
To: gathering at misera.net
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 01:21:34 +1100
Subject: Re: [kj] OT: I dislike Farcebook

Doesn’t bother me who agrees and disagrees with me Mil, I just reached the end of my rope with the thing. I type fast and multitask on a PC pretty quick so the speed issue grates, and my last dozen or so facebook experiences involved getting emailed to hear that an application being used by a friend of someone I worked with 8 years ago (and didn’t like but friended out of awkwardness and wanting to look like I’m really popular and catch up with those heroes with 336 ‘friends’) wanted to bug me about some crappy quiz about my sex life of stupid Hollywood movies, and hey it thought it’d spam the living shit out of EVERYONE starting from that person’s circle of ‘friends’ all the way to Kevin Fucking Bacon, and all you have to do is click on this email link, sign in, wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and reload the page and wait and wait and try another site to make sure it’s not your internet connection, and kill your browser session, clear your cache, restart your router, in the process accidentally knocking over the stack of 50 blank DVDS onto the floor, pick them back up and throw away the bottom 4 that are fucked, go peel and eat a carrot and silently chant the Mantra of Calmness to find your happy place, come back, go through the whole process again, and then if your little data load wins the sperm race and beats all the billions of other little data loads in to the Deathstar’s servers, YAY! you get the chance add the application PERMANENTLY into your life and get bugged ever more frequently and thereby give some bunch of soulless nerds access to all of your personal data so that you can take the quiz or kill an undead ninja pirate in some pathetic ‘game’ that doesn’t match Pong for graphics or playability, all in order to garner demographic information about who you are, who you talk to and what you like and WHAT THEY CAN SELL YOU and the only way to delete your data permanently is to delete your whole profile, all your friends, photos, every single message you’ve sent or received, all the stupid wall and super wall and poke and super poke and endless notifications about what other people are thinking and blah blah blah blah blah blah and jump through dozens of fiery barbed hoops turning all the notification options off, each time waiting for the laggy piece of shit site to catch up cos it’s busy driving millions of other people insane and rendering the entire online world yet stupider and more shallow, and THEN ask Facebook personally, via email (?!) to kindly delete your account, and wait A WEEK, then take their word for it that they have, while they no doubt make sure to reload all your info from backup straight into the CIA’s servers and highlight your account because you were one of the very few who not only wanted to leave the Matrix, but managed to find out how and actually take the time to delete every single annoying piece of data on the stupid, fucking, thing.

Anyway. I hate it and my last handful of experiences with it have sapped my will to live. But hey…we can still be friends J

PS: Anyone who takes me too seriously when I go on like this, please turn down your credulity.