[kj] OT Perfect Storm

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Mar 26 09:17:57 EDT 2009

Temperature isn't the only thing affecting crop yields, we're eroding
topsoil at a pretty good clip too, along with the quality of what remains.
Biodiversity is dwindling.

Perhaps we need a soil, water, and fresh air tax on top of the carbon tax
(sarcasm). Oh and a baby tax.

21st century is off to a bit of a shit start really. Bush kicked things
off with a disaster 8 years government of the world's only superpower.

The below *should* be unbelievable, but it's become impossible to be
surprised at anything the previous administration tried to cook up or get
away with:

http://www.alternet.org/rights/133273/do_the_secret_bush_memos_amount_to_treason_top_constitutional_scholar_says_yes/

(holding my opinion about the current one, so far the Wall St bailouts are
looking pretty concerning however)