[kj] OT: quick poll - sad songs

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Wed Mar 25 08:21:03 EDT 2009

Small list of songs which elicit a sympathetic / emotional / nostalgic
response -

Cold - Annie Lennox
John I love you - Skinhead O'Connor
Heartbreaker - Dionne Warwick
Choir Girl - Cold Chisel
Queen - Sail Away Sweet Sister, Spread Your Wings, Love of My Life, Show
Must Go On
Soundgarden - Zero Chance, Like Suicide, Fell on Black Days, Overfloater
Alice in Chains - Would
Anthrax - Safe Home
Killing Joke - Gratitude, Chessboards, Goodbye to the Village, Love Like
Blood
Pantera - Cemetary Gates
Fleetwood Mac - Gypsy, Go Your Own Way
Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush
More Than This - Roxy Music / Ferry
Cheer Down - George Harrison
My Happiness - Powderfinger
Grant Lee Buffalo - Super Slo Motion, Fuzzy, crapload of others
Blind Melon - Galaxy
WASP - Forever Free / Mephisto Waltz
Led Zep - Rain Song, Thank You, Ten Years Gone (epic)...raft of others...