[kj] Darren Peace

The Exorcist killingjoke at theimmortalfool.com
Fri Mar 20 21:35:27 EDT 2009

Lame? I don't know. I find it hilarious and sad at the same time.
However after coming off the
dumb Bush with the all Brainy Obama. Well I expected a bit more.

(Mind you, I made a short quip in the previous statement. I didn't
rant. And it was along the line
of the topic of bad not being able to view a DVD. I find it startling
that you got so wound up over it.)

Would it also be petty to complain about his making fun of special
needs children?
I recall ppl. getting quite mad with the "Tropic Thunder" film. And
here the president
of the US makes a mockery of the Special Olympics and there is no
outrage. Impressive.

Then lets look at the treasury dept., Geitner, the bonus fiasco, that
he can't fill his dept. seats and he has had
more people resign their seats before attaining them (pulling their
names) then any other president?

Have you seen our latest projected debt numbers?

When he was debating with McCain he said he saw benefits of charter
schools and would not rip them out.
Now poor inner city kids who actually WANT to learn have had that
option removed from them.
In the stimulus bill they killed the DC voucher plan. "Washington DC
Scholarship program"

Let's take a quick peek at the LA Times website (hardly a bastion of
right wing punditry).
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2009/03/obama-newspaper.html
---snip---
"Obama White House bars press from press award ceremony"
"We are not making this up:

Barack Obama was elected commander in chief promising to run the most
transparent presidential administration in American history.
This achievement and the overall promise of his historic
administration caused the National Newspaper Publishers Assn. to name
him "Newsmaker of the Year."
The president is to receive the award from the federation of black
community newspapers in a White House ceremony this afternoon.
The Obama White House has closed the press award ceremony to the press.

From the president's official schedule:
"Later in the afternoon, the President and the First Lady will attend
a reception with the National Newspaper Publisher Association in the
State Dining Room, where they will be presented the Newsmaker of the
Year award. This event is closed press."
Maybe they'll let the newspaper people pass the award through the fence.
---snip---

When bush was golfing during the war. OMG!!!! When Obama goes to Jay
Leno during the biggest economic
crisis in the past few decades, it's all right.

Let's not have double standards Oli.

He had no time to meet PM Gordon because he was bust with the
"economy". But he has time for Jay Leno
and ESPN?

Not to mention that his gift merely shows a poor lack of judgement
and a serious disconnect.
For someone who was supposed to be brilliant it's not quite shining through.

There are many other issues but I will wait to see how it plays out.

I hope I wasn't to petty in this response as well.

Cheers,