[kj] FW: jaz date change 4 spoken word

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Fri Mar 20 07:24:55 EDT 2009

I walk to and from work every day (currently while listening to Alan Watts
on my mp3...very relaxing, cheers Bongo :). The walk home takes half as
long as the walk in, mainly cos there's very little foot traffic, and
Sydney CBD is so crowded - with dawdling indecisive semi-stationary
can't-walk-straight numbskulls.

That's right, now I'm complaining about people who walk too slowly or
interrupt my chosen footpath vector.

I can feel a letter coming on. It'll almost certainly contain the words
vector, inconsiderate, and perambulate.

> [...]

>> This raises the issue of all the studies that come out about the

>> 'benefits' of exercise. Weird way of putting it (in my personal

>> observation). If the natural state of the body is to get some exercise

>> daily, then instead of talking about the benefits of exercise, why not

>> talk about the negative effects of inactivity?

>> Exercise has a normalising effect on appetite, sleep (unless you

>> exercise

>> too hard too close to bed, which is bad), libido, stress levels,

>> depression etc - normalising because it's NORMAL to exercise. Abnormal

>> not

>> to.

>> I still say, if you wanna lose weight and you only have one option, diet

>> is the killer. If you're like me that is and find it hard to resist the

>> snacks and alcohol...

>> > Well be glad I'm not putting something else in your mouth.

>> > (That was for you Darren!)

>> > Of course you have a say, I've never argued that

>> > point. As far as I am concerned anyone can say anything they

>> > damn well please. From politics to sports to

>> > music to holocaust denial (why is it a crime in some countries? Who

>> > the fuck knows! It's fucking stupid though) to whatever...

>> > What exactly did I say in here that makes you

>> > think that I am separating you from society?

>> > Maybe I'm not being clear enough or using a bad choice of words.

>> > You've made it quite cleat that you don't like

>> > certain aspects of society (I can't really blame you about that).

>> > ME speaking for myself as a member of society,

>> > There are things that I disagree with and will be vocal

>> > about it, and things that I disagree with that I

>> > won't say a word. It all depends on my understanding of the "value"

>> > of "said issue". Certain beliefs I keep to myself

>> > and certain beliefs I don't. Because I don't say that "xyz" is wrong

>> > cause I dislike it for some reason or other does

>> > not make me a separate part of society.

>> > (Are we going in circles and not understanding

>> > each other? Is it just me? Is it just you?)

>> > I don't know why we come back to the weight issue

>> > so much. It must mean that there is some meaning to the term

>> > "Chewing the fat" *ba da dum!*

>> > I have to find the link for this.... But there

>> > was a study (yes there millions of studies), a while back comparing

>> > Fat people who do some moderate exercise to thin

>> > people who don't do any exercise.

>> > The fat people came out to be healthier in the

>> > long run than the thin ones. (Funny I had this discussion at a clients

>> > on Monday with some of the employees there. One

>> > woman is on the chunky side, takes kick boxing and was lamenting

>> > over the cookies she did not eat.) My Cousin who

>> > is quite heft and hasn't exercised much in years, biked over 60 miles

>> with

>> > me

>> > last summer from Brooklyn to NJ and back. Size

>> > does not = Health. And let us not forget genetics.

>> > However Obese as I understand it, is in a class of its own.

I’ll
one e of these

it’d be diet

you HAVE to watch what you eat.

then

so I have to

look at all the people who slip

(alcohol will do a far more effective job

oh and I sit

>> dispersal

awesome)

I have a mate who won a on a