[kj] FW: jaz date change 4 spoken word

The Exorcist killingjoke at theimmortalfool.com
Fri Mar 20 02:52:56 EDT 2009

Well be glad I'm not putting something else in your mouth.
(That was for you Darren!)

Of course you have a say, I've never argued that
point. As far as I am concerned anyone can say anything they
damn well please. From politics to sports to
music to holocaust denial (why is it a crime in some countries? Who
the fuck knows! It's fucking stupid though) to whatever...

What exactly did I say in here that makes you
think that I am separating you from society?
Maybe I'm not being clear enough or using a bad choice of words.

You've made it quite cleat that you don't like
certain aspects of society (I can't really blame you about that).

ME speaking for myself as a member of society,
There are things that I disagree with and will be vocal
about it, and things that I disagree with that I
won't say a word. It all depends on my understanding of the "value"
of "said issue". Certain beliefs I keep to myself
and certain beliefs I don't. Because I don't say that "xyz" is wrong
cause I dislike it for some reason or other does
not make me a separate part of society.
(Are we going in circles and not understanding
each other? Is it just me? Is it just you?)

I don't know why we come back to the weight issue
so much. It must mean that there is some meaning to the term
"Chewing the fat" *ba da dum!*

I have to find the link for this.... But there
was a study (yes there millions of studies), a while back comparing
Fat people who do some moderate exercise to thin
people who don't do any exercise.
The fat people came out to be healthier in the
long run than the thin ones. (Funny I had this discussion at a clients
on Monday with some of the employees there. One
woman is on the chunky side, takes kick boxing and was lamenting
over the cookies she did not eat.) My Cousin who
is quite heft and hasn't exercised much in years, biked over 60 miles with me
last summer from Brooklyn to NJ and back. Size
does not = Health. And let us not forget genetics.

However Obese as I understand it, is in a class of its own.

At 11:20 AM 3/19/2009, Brendan Quinn wrote:

>You're putting words in my mouth again. All I

>was getting at was that I have a say, and you're

>creating a false dichotomy by talking about me

>as being separate from society. I AM society, as

>are you. Don't assert something then go off on

>some idea of what I would or wouldn't do, that's not fighting fair.

>In terms of my participation and vested

>interests in society, I believe I have a right

>to have a say and defend my freedoms and

>others’ too. Your idea of me defending

>homophobic hate-mongers is way off the mark, it

>doesn’t follow from what I’m saying, and it’s not me at all.

>All I can and will do to messages I don’t like

>is reply with same, but I’m entitled to voice

>my opinion that I don’t like certain aspects

>of society and I won’t accept being lied to

>and manipulated. I’ll

I’ll
one e of these

>days I’ll fucking WRITE A LETTER. I swear I will.

>PS: Not to be Mr Contrary, but in terms of

>losing weight, if I had to choose only one of

>diet moderation or exercise

it’d be diet

>moderation. Being an exercise freak I used to

>think completely the opposite, but I’ve

>learned in losing 6 inches off my waist in the

>last year or so

you HAVE to watch what you eat.

>I can tell you how many calories are in every

>single thing I eat. It might be boring, but it

>works. When I don’t know, I make an educated

>guess, on the high side. I get a free meal at

>work on nights and that’s about the only time

>I ever have to make a guess, everything else I

>make myself. I diet, do cardio and resistance

>exercise (and stretching but that’s not very

>impacting on muscle, fat, or metabolism). When I

>first started getting fit I fucked up and added

>fat, cos I started eating like I used to when I

>was a gym maniac, regular meals, high protein.

>But I didn’t know how many cals were in

>everything, and also ate like I did when I was

>in my mid 20s, training more, more active, and

>carrying more muscle. It’s challenging, how

>calorie rich foods are these days. A handful of

>nuts can drown your day’s efforts to diet

>entirely. 100 grams of nuts = approx 5-600

>calories. That and 2-3 beers = 1000+ cals

then

>see how hard it is to work off 1000 cals.

>Training at a 1000 cal / hour rate for an hour

>is fucking tiring. Much easier to forego the nuts and beers.

>----------

so I have to

>vehemently but amicably disagree with you on

>that. 100%! I̢۪m a son / / brother / uncle /

>nephew / cousin / employee / friend / colleague

>/ taxpayer / consumer / fellow sentient

>conscious being. I have a vested interest in

>society, I contribute to it, I educate myself

>about it, take part in debate about it, it

>affects me and I affect it, every single day.

>Remove someone from the feeling that they are

>part of a tribe and they get ill, they lose

>their spark

look at all the people who slip

>between the cracks in society. Ostracism from

>society (self or other inflicted) can be enough

>to cause mental illness, take bullying for

>example. We are social, tribal beings, without

>it we lose some of our sense of meaning. My

>morals are affected by and affect society.

>Society includes me! One six point six billionth

>maybe, but that̢۪s as much as s anyone else

>Re weed - I know several people who have

>achieved plenty while smoking weed daily (First

>class honours Masters in Psych for example), so

>I̢۪d hesitate to o diagnose your friend̢۪s

>problems as actually ly *caused* by

>weed

(alcohol will do a far more effective job

>if you want to destroy neurons, plus all sorts

>of other nice side effects). If you sit around

>all day watching daytime telly, or drinking,

>you̢۪ll end up in the e same boat as the

>average clichéd pot-head. It’s the lack of

>spark rk that̢۪s s the problem, not the weed,

>as far as my understanding of the evidence

>suggests. Personally I̢۪m more worried about

>sweeteners, s, colourings, flavourings,

>preservatives, pesticides, chemicals in shampoo,

>deodorant, exhaust fumes, pollution, (and the

>fact that I live within 50m of a cellphone

>tower, work nights, and in an open plan office,

>all of which are bad for health

oh and I sit

>right next to a fucking laser printer, which has

>recently been implicated in lung problems due to toner dispersal

awesome)

>Oh that̢۪s right

I have a mate who won a on a

>competitive car rally whilst stoned. Then

>there̢۪s Michael Phelps, arguably the best st

>swimmer of all time

etc etc. Not saying weed is

>totally harmless, but you have to have some

>perspective. (Anabolic steroids are another drug

>that doesn’t ¢t deserve the rap it gets

>either, but that̢۪s another kettle of fish).

>Joe oe Rogan has some interesting things to say

>about weed smoking, I agree with him when he

>says that practically everything he does is

>enhanced by smoking weed, he gets shitloads done

>In terms of prostitution – good call,

>criminalising it doesn̢۪t get rid of it. . I

>have no real stance on its legal status, I̢۪d

>¢d have to meditate on that one for a long

>while. I was commenting on its moral status.

>That̢۪s not a cop out, , just saying I haven̢۪t given it enough gh thought.

>I think a lot of people who defend it aren̢۪t

>¢t being honest with themselves. It’s gotta be a degrading thing to do.

>I suppose at the end of the day, you have to

>weigh up the harm it does vs the restriction in

>personal freedoms. Personally I’m ¢m fine

>relinquishing my right - unexercised, so far -

>to give head for cash. Doing quite well getting

>shafted by The Man already

(it really doesn̢۪t

)