[kj] FW: jaz date change 4 spoken word

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Mar 19 22:41:56 EDT 2009

Yes agreed, talking about things doesn't do a lot on its own.although
changes in consciousness are required to precede changes in behaviour.

I have to say I was disappointed when I turned up to Z Day (Zeitgeist
movement day) in Sydney the other day, good on people for coming, but for a
movie that's had 50 million hits to attract such a few, disorganised people.

Talking about participation, I read today, and I'm not sure if it's an
exaggeration, but an article that said that 1 in 20 youths in Germany are
involved in Neo Nazi gangs, which is a higher rate of participation than in
political parties.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/2272353/One-in-20-young-German-men-neo-Nazis

I wonder what the participation in the anti-fascist groups is like? Does
anyone know if they still identify their ideology with the colour of their
Doc Martin shoelaces?

_____