[kj] FW: jaz date change 4 spoken word

GREG SLAWSON gregslawson at msn.com
Thu Mar 19 08:19:52 EDT 2009

Good post--Just to add, Marx talked about the role of technology--it's pretty hard to understand, but he said that over the long run, increasing automation leads to falling "rate" of profit for capitalists (b/c they don't profit directly off of labor, and as a result their costs go down, but they have to lower the price to stay competitive, etc). This seems counter-intuitive, but helps explain some of the current economic crisis. BTW the last paragaph sound like communism to me!