[kj] FW: jaz date change 4 spoken word

The Exorcist killingjoke at theimmortalfool.com
Wed Mar 18 10:18:24 EDT 2009

Why should they? And why should anyone have to "fit in" with everyone else?
Are we not individuals. When you make groups, you
create outcasts. You create an "us and them".
There is already a divisiveness.

Ever see a brilliant kid in class? Many
troublemakers are smart brainy kids going out of their minds
because of the dulness of the class. Their mind
was racing ahead and the rest are trudging along at their own pace.

Individual merit and competition can fuel ideas
and are a great motivator. Once you bring in groups you bring in
bureaucracies and everything gets muddled into one very slow machine.

BTW, ever read Vladimir Voinovich?

Alas, I think I am all out of witticisms today so
I'll have to signoff without writing one.

G'day Greg!

At 10:06 AM 3/18/2009, GREG SLAWSON wrote:

>Why wouldn't they be able to? (See the movie

>"Witness" if you really think people can't

>cooperate). You always get a few who don't fit

>in with anyone else, but as a comrade once said

>"for the people who want to live in the woods

>all by themselves, we can figure out something for them too".

>----------

>Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 09:53:00 -0400

>From: killingjoke at theimmortalfool.com

>To: gathering at misera.net

>Subject: Re: [kj] FW: jaz date change 4 spoken word

>And what if one can't work cooperatively?

>At 09:54 PM 3/17/2009, GREG SLAWSON wrote:

>I agree Brenden, and for 2 reasons:

>1. Humans have thing called brains and can

>control their own behavior to an extent and

>2. Working cooperatively is the best way to go!

>Greg

>----------

>From: bq at soundgardener.co.nz

>To: gathering at misera.net

>Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:44:44 +1100

>Subject: Re: [kj] FW: jaz date change 4 spoken word

>I read the other day that just over 50% of

>Americans donate time to volunteer causes, an

>average of 4.2 hours a week (sounds a little

>high to me but who knows

most countries are

>fucked up enough to need all the help they can

>get). So the idea that ‘humans are inherently

>selfish,’ that the corrupt will always end up in

>power

doesn’t hold any water for me. In fact no