[kj] FW: jaz date change 4 spoken word

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Tue Mar 17 21:44:44 EDT 2009

I read the other day that just over 50% of Americans donate time to
volunteer causes, an average of 4.2 hours a week (sounds a little high to me
but who knows
most countries are fucked up enough to need all the help they
can get). So the idea that ‘humans are inherently selfish,’ that the corrupt
will always end up in power
doesn’t hold any water for me. In fact no other
species really comes close to us in terms of our altruism and relationships.

_____