[kj] Nick Blinko - The Haunted Head

LONESTYLE at aol.com LONESTYLE at aol.com
Fri Jun 19 18:05:58 EDT 2009

Thanks for posting this! I want this big time!

~LB

In a message dated 6/19/2009 9:35:48 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
sneakypete at uwclub.net writes:

>From Current 93’s latest newsletter

for anyone who’s interested
Peter
Nick Blinko: ‘The Haunted Head’
I went to lunch last week with Nick and Henry Boxer, our mutual friend and
Nick's agent. We have made some final decisions about our publication of
Nick's strange and dreamlike novel, and we will be putting this book up on
Durtro very soon for advance orders.
However, before we post a definitive statement about the volume, I just
wanted to write a brief description of the book. The hard-back edition will
be a limited edition, with blocked covers and spine, pictorial end-papers
with Nick's work on them, and a book-ribbon. The novel itself is 200 pages
long. Each copy will come with a 1-track CD featuring a newly-recorded and
previously unreleased Rudimentary Peni song.
Nick wrote out the book twice, in his obsessively beautiful handwriting.
One of these copies was written in an A4 pad, and the other version over
approximately 350 one-sided white postcards measuring 3 1/2" × 5 1/2" (90 ×
147mm). Three random examples are shown. Each copy of the book comes with one
of these original postcards with text from the novel. This of course means
that the book is limited to the number of manuscript cards. Once the cards
are finished, the edition is ended.

At the same time, we will be adding a collection of identically-sized
postcards of Nick's artwork onto the Durtro shop, at various prices which will
depend on the size and complexity of the image on the postcard.
Nick Blinko's text drawings have been included in several museum shows
and touring exhibitions in the UK and France, whilst others are housed in the
permanent collections of the following museums: The Collection de l'Art
Brut in Lausanne and the Outsider Collection & Archive, London.