[kj] (OT) Singing rule Britannia

folk devil folk.devil at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 15 12:03:44 EDT 2009

About 27 million Russians died in WWII.

Add a few million Poles (victims of both Germany and Russia)

Let's throw in a few Gypsies, too.

From: dpeace at bigfoot.com
To: gathering at misera.net
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 19:32:02 +0100
Subject: Re: [kj] (OT) Singing rule Britannia

The Jews were not the source of greatest casualty at the hands of the Nazis (although the Russians, by and large, weren’t singled out for such hideous, organised, treatment). I am just glad that there is at least one group of people militant enough to ensure that we don’t forget what happened, for what that’s worth; I see that genocide, “ethnic cleansing” and the forest massacre are all still with us. It’s one of the reasons that I believe Holocaust denial to be such a serious crime; not because the views of the individual are of great consequence, but because of the pernicious long-term effects of such espousal.

Having said that, it is possible to be over-reactionary. The Brit drug dealers who our media recently reported were subjected to “water-boarding” by maniacal police actually had their heads flushed in a toilet bowl a few times, which, while monstrous and appalling, is not the same thing. I wish terms like “water-boarding”, which have quite specific and weighted meanings, were not bandied about; it only serves to diminish the meaning and ramification.

Darren
Hungerford, UK