[kj] (OT) Singing rule Britannia

Stephen Lawrence stephen.l at live.com
Wed Jun 10 07:30:43 EDT 2009

that 1 in 17 shows you how many '' closet racists '' there are in this country

a fact most of the country is in self denial over

Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:57:54 +0100
From: MichaelHead at HBOSplc.com
To: gathering at misera.net
Subject: Re: [kj] (OT) Singing rule Britannia

it's an interesting premise "defend democracy" when roughly 1 person in 17 voted for BNP in the EU elections as opposed to say Benn's Labour who polled roughly 1 in 7. surely the act of protesting against this party's policies is anti-democratic?
what concerns me more, is why so many people (nearly 1 million) are that disaffected that they would vote this outright fascist party in the first place.
we're a little lucky the proportional representation system used in these elections runs at regional rather than national level, otherwise they'd have had 4 of the 72 elected as opposed to 2.