[kj] More Comedy Gold From Trent Reznor

The Mighty TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Sat Jun 6 15:40:40 EDT 2009

>From everyone's pal, Trent Reznor:

There's many problems at work here, not the least of which is the nature of
the internet and the culture it spawns. Perhaps when and if I feel up to it
I'll write an essay on the matter from my perspective. In the meantime, the
replies are not going to get read, nor the PMs or forums. It's too draining
to attempt to communicate with a mob and ultimately utterly pointless. Any
community that grows to a certain size will implode as the lowest common
denominator takes over. I try to stay personally engaged but it's either
truly mentally unstable types constantly spamming my PMs (100s per day), or
self-righteous entitlement from "fans", or random cowardly snipes from
hate-driven scum of the fucking earth that need something to define their
utterly meaningless lives by attacking someone from the shadows.
It makes me resent people, resent my work, resent fans and resent any
interaction whatsoever with the "community". Of course this is not aimed at
everybody and BY FAR most of you are decent and cool people. BUT, for those
wondering why I occasionally lash out, often with some scolding advice for
me... You have NO IDEA the amount and intensity of bullshit that comes my
way from the "community". You do not experience this in your life, and you
don't know what it's like. You just don't. And MOST of it is coming from
people who are your FANS?
When this tour ends, so does any accessibility to me and I really can't wait
at this point.

+++++

A link explaining Trent's problem with one fan in particular

http://www.thrashhits.com/2009/05/trent-reznor-crushes-all-that-oppose-him-on-twitter-at-least/

And that "fans" website (she's pretty cracked):

http://www.angiez.net/blog/?p=606

T.B.