[kj] (OT) Love & Rockets, LA

The Mighty TB planetary at socal.rr.com
Fri Jul 31 14:20:12 EDT 2009

Jim Harper wrote:

That has always been one of my all-time wish-I-was-there historical gigs:
Jane's Addiction supporting Love & Rockets back in '87. JA still a young,
aggressive band and L&R at their peak. Woulda been fantastic!

Of course, this is the cue for someone on list to point out that they were
there and both bands sucked... ;)

+++++++++

Although I can't say I saw a JA/LnR gig, I have seen Jane's many times since
'88 and never saw a bad show. I was also lucky enough to catch Love and
Rockets a couple years ago at a warm-up show (only played songs from their
first 4 albums) for their California Coachella appearance in a very tiny
club in San Diego - superb gig!

T.B.