[kj] [OT] Propellerheads' Record (add on to Reason) beta invites

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Wed Jul 22 09:21:29 EDT 2009

I think it might be the God of Metal punishing you for mixing, sampling,
and plugging an axe into a PC...my suggestion is to paint all your walls
black, locate all the kit within a pentagram drawn in Emo blood, remove
all frets from the neck and grow a mullet & goatee. Of course it goes
without saying that all amps should be turned to 11. Oh and you'll need a
bull's horn coming out of each headphone ;p

I'm gonna have a looksee about building audiophile PCs and see what I can
find out.

> HD does play its part, a lot of the trouble is more to do with real time

> processing though . . Audio signal comes in (I am using a Line 6 studio GX

> these days, pretty much zero latency through USB) and then goes through

> the processing chain (delay, amp simulators etc) all of which are stealing

> CPU cycles . . if your main host is putting a lot of strain on the CPU

> itself you're on a hiding to nowhere if you want to hear the whole thing

> in real time

> It is a lot better than it used to be, a few years ago the idea of

> plugging a guitar into a computer and being able to play it (with the full

> range of amps, FX etc) was unheard of :o)

>>> Darren

“