[kj] (OT) When bands go really 'off'

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 20 16:49:48 EDT 2009

Okay, I'll jump in and defend the Cure. While I haven't bought a new
Cure album in quite some time (the last one I bothered springing for
was BLOODFLOWERS -- which I don't believe I've ever actually listened
to the whole way through), I've always admired their canny balance of
light and dark. You may not like their forays into shamelessly
accessible pop, but you must give them credit for being able to pull
both off with such pronounced results.

Alex in NYC