[kj] (OT) Crabcore? What the Fuckin' HELL???

Leigh Newton angrytomhanks at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 15 00:34:02 EDT 2009

90s had a lot of good stuff going on for sure. I was a teenager throughout the decade and enjoyed many of its aspects. The last dying days of thrash metal, the rise and conquer of alternative music, the grunge thing, that brief 10-minute period when everyone was gonna get some decks and be a DJ. It was all fun. Tons of awesome bands. Tons more shit. I'm pretty sure I agree that it was a more exciting decade, musically, than this one currently ending. Still, I'll say it again, SO many amazing, exciting bands happening at this very moment. Not as readily available as, say, Jawbox, Fugazi, Shudder to Think, Helmet, Tortoise, Quicksand, Drive Like Jehu, Dinosaur Jr., Faith No More, My Bloody Valentine, Jesus Lizard, Girls Against Boys, Melvins - all of whom were, during the 90s, enjoying various degrees of mainstream style exposure and playing truly weird and abrasive music all the while. You have to search these bands out a little harder but that's not
really such a chore anymore thanks to the internet. I'll start by recommending the newest release from Isis - Wavering Radiant. If you like Tool and you like newer Mastodon, you should check it out. It's pretty freakin fantastic.

Leigh

http://www.nightruiner.com
http://www.myspace.com/thesunthroughatelescope
http://www.myspace.com/lauderdale