[kj] Movieland

Karen Weil karen.weil at sddt.com
Thu Jul 2 13:56:11 EDT 2009

Interesting point on the movie, which I never cared for -- and found to be
debasing to both genders (yes, I know what some of you will say: "it's only
a movie," etc. -- but this film was a huge hit in the States, stirring a lot
of debate at the time, but it really added nothing to America's already
twisted sexual pollitics landscape. The whole thing just grated on my
nerves).
To be fair, Close didn't rise to the top of her field based on looks --
which I always found refreshing.. I think she's been great in a lot of
films.
And that's my 3 cents here, as the holiday weekend looms. Back to copy
editing.

Cheers,

KW
the States
(or former Colonies, for my U.K. Gathering friends)