[kj] Antithesis of Killing Joke

Darren A. Peace dpeace at suspiria.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 2 07:37:32 EDT 2009

Heh! Wondered who'd defend The Dan.

I'll admit to a total irrationality so far as Steely Dan are
concerned. My first exposure to them was at the hands of an utterly
contemptible ass-wipe I used to work for. "Hey Darren," he'd say,
doing a shitty little shoulder dance at unavoidable out-of-work social
engagements. "Don't know how you can listen to that shit you call
music when there's great stuff like this" - fondles Aja sleeve lewdly
- "around. No, wait, I want to play you some Steve Miller Band next."
Only point I managed to score was by calling them Fecker and Begin.

So I've dismissed them on the basis that I can't listen to then
without thinking of that twat (who was also prone to make ridiculous
physical passes at my then-wife, but that's another story), who
actually, in hindsight, rather resembled the host with the most in
"Eating Raoul".

Never mind. There are many bands of far greater consequence I should
be spending my time on discovering.

Speaking of which, I'm thinking I should give Skinny Puppy another
try. Recommendations on where to start?

Darren
Hungerford, UK