[kj] OT:The Chameleons Videos Discography

Stephen Lawrence stephen.l at live.com
Wed Jul 1 07:43:05 EDT 2009

thanks for the info termite

oh well it was only a fiver

jon will laugh when i say i got it from H M V

From: npscott at blueyonder.co.uk
To: gathering at misera.net
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 09:58:51 +0100
Subject: Re: [kj] OT:The Chameleons Videos Discography

Hey Guys

I feel the need to post and correct a couple of issues here, after having seen The Chameleons on a number of occassions during their reformation and being fairly knowledgeable with their output I can assure that they NEVER played at The Gallery or The Hacienda in 2001.

Firstly, The Hacienda lost its entertainments license in June 1997, the last gig their being by Spirtualized, The Hacienda was demolished in September 2000.

Secondly the gigs from The Gallery (18th December 1982) and Hacienda (date not listed on their gigography...strangely) DVD is actually poor quality, but documents well their early performances.

http://www.discogs.com/Chameleons-Live-At-The-Gallery-Club-The-Hacienda-Manchester/release/1492782

Other DVD releases from The Chameleons are as follows

Live At The Camden Palace/Arsenal DVD Camden (13th October 1984) Arsenal (Shot for Spanish TV documentary)

Live From London DVD - Camden (13th October 1984) - This is not obviously as good value as the above DVD as it only has the Camden gig on it, doesn't also include the Arsenal Spanish documentary.

Ascension DVD 2002 - Filmed at The Great American Music Hall in San Francisco over 2 nights (16, 18th October 2002), 2 DVD set.

Resurrection - VHS Only release, filmed at Manchester Academy 3rd June 2000, their first major large audience reformation gig after they reformed and performed 5 nights at The Witchwood in Ashton Under Lyme.....I am captured several times personally on celluloid.