[kj] OT: Bill Hicks

Christof hamille wessidetempest at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 30 16:04:17 EST 2009

I've seen it

I've heard it

I own it

I understand.

but to me it's a bit.......obvious.
He's an influence. So are the Rolling Stones, Picaso, etc etc.

If an artist uses that influence note for note then that is just laziness. OR not talented enough to put their own style into it. Of curse Bill Hicks was upset. At that point he was still alive and active. If Lenny Bruce was still alive he could be mad. You could also say the same thing about Doug Stanhope.

he has been dead for over a decade. Sad but true.

Chris