[kj] OT: Music industry - decline in CD sales

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Fri Jan 30 13:13:24 EST 2009

"Meanwhile the pre internet bands have
huge loyalty followings and Springsteens album sales will probably
indicate that."

That's kinda what I've found too, it makes sense and gives me a little bit
of inspiration about the current generation (y or z or whatever.) My little
brother - 19 - is independently into Iron Maiden and Megadeath and Pearl
Jam, who in relative terms are previous generation stuff. I think some of
those bands loom huge in the minds of 'kids these days', those who are
really into good music, in the same way that bands like Led Zep, Hendrix,
CCR, The Beatles etc had a pretty awesome aura that outshined a lot of
current bands when I was growing up. Not that it was hard to outshine
Madonna and Wilson Phillips and the synth theme from Miami Vice, admittedly
;)