[kj] OT: no god...?

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Sun Jan 11 19:08:42 EST 2009

Don't you believe that your beliefs are true?? And therefore that some other people's beliefs are wrong?

The difficulty - according to me <grin> - isn't people believing that they are right and other people are wrong (which is perfectly healthy)... it's believing that that gives them the right to persecute or kill those with whom they disagree.

Sadly, most religions and ideologies have at some point been used to justify persecution.? On the other hand, plenty of people have also managed it without a religion or ideology.

However, none of the above is to say that "all religions are the same" or "all ideologies are the same".? Clearly some of?both have persecution built into them from their foundation, whilst others do not.

Jamie