[kj] [OT] Magazine

Darren A. Peace dpeace at bigfoot.com
Wed Feb 18 22:08:02 EST 2009

Apart from "Pirates", "What?" and that awful "Oliver Twist" he did recently.

My favourite Polanski is "The Tenant", and I'm also a huge fan of
"Repulsion", "Chinatown", "Tess", "Knife In The Water", "Frantic", "Bitter
Moon", "Rosemary's Baby" (in fact, when I was last in NY, I skulked around
the Dakota building like a weirdo, amidst all the glum Lennon devotees, who
were disappointed that I was looking for "Rosemary's Baby" camera angles
rather than forlornly looking for bloodstains on the - erm - sidewalk). I
also like "The Pianist", and the daft Devil book one with that Depp fellow.
Oh, and "The Fearless Vampire Killers". And even "Cul de Sac". Donald
Pleasence in drag? Count me in. His "Macbeth" is great too, as is "Death &
The Maiden".

He's a great film-maker, whose unfortunate tendency to molest under-age
girls in Jack Nicholson's Jacuzzi rather spoils things.

Darren

Hungerford, UK