[kj] OT: This is MadneZZ

Jerry Butson jerry at fleamusic.com
Mon Feb 2 11:27:27 EST 2009

If you hold up a lighter during "Rough Boy" you could always set light to
their beards...

2009/2/2 Neil Perry <65snoopy at gmail.com>

> heh heh..

> OK that was the sort of answer I was looking for. I think my split-second

> decision was based entirely on when they appeared on the Tube in the UK

> (the tv show, not the transport system) around the time of Sharp Dressed

> Man etc,

> and Billy Gibbons's sound was fucking fantastic - I'm sure it is on YouTube

> somewhere.

> I have a few of the pre-mega stardom albums which I listen to every now and

> then,

> so I don't mind those Texass blues... I think I was more worried about the

> cheese

> factor. I've always liked his guitar playing so as long as he's still

> cranking it up and out, I figure it'll be a good night.

> PS And cheese matures with age, right?

> 2009/2/2 The Mighty TB <planetary at socal.rr.com>

> "Neil Perry" wrote:

>> Hello everyone and belated New Year greetings.

>>> What I want to know is, has anyone here ever, in the last two or even

>>> three

>>> decades, ever seen ZZ Top play?

>>> I was sat at the computer the other morning and girlfriend happens to

>>> mention that ZZ Top are playing here in Oslo. I didn't think much of it

>>> but then checked

>>> it out and they are playing a club, I guess it holds around 400 people.

>>> The tickets

>>> were going on sale that particular morning at 9am - I looked at the clock

>>> and it

>>> was 8.59, so WITHOUT THINKING I immediately went and bought a pair of

>>> tickets

>>> for um, cough, a moderately large amount of cash. (A day later, it was

>>> sold

>>> out.)

--
fleamusic p.o. box 70 witney oxfordshire ox29 4ga u.k.

tel/fax: +44 (0) 1865 881859; cell +44 (0) 7939 228435