[kj] OT - Zealand, Warming, Hemp, and Women.. ;~)

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Tue Dec 22 09:20:06 EST 2009

Soon thereafter, Corral started applying a strict regimen of marijuana

'Strict regimen' and 'marijuana' in the same sentence...obviously not
written by a smoker. Equivalent to combining strict regimen with
'masturbation' ("be with you in a second honey, just want to pump out a few
more reps...")

I stopped reading Truthout a few months back when I realised it had been
over-run by vegans. Don't take anything they say very seriously anymore.
We've got canines and forward facing eyes...nuff said. Keep an eye out for
those articles if you're a regular reader. Read the comments sections.

PS: New Zealand leads the world in cannabis convictions per 'head' of
population. And we only have a clean green image because we live in a
naturally beautiful remote place with a tiny population. As Jared Diamond
pointed out, people are the same everywhere...we tend to over-use local
resources. There really aren't that many exceptions, despite the noble
savage myth and all that. I know I'm using the term incorrectly.

NZ has a massive opportunity to go all GE free, natural organic free range,
if only for a) marketing and economics, to turn the term New Zealand into a
brand name, reduce farm yield by 50% and increase the price by 500%, and b)
as a control in the GE / non-GE experiment. A lot of people like me came to
this conclusion intuitively, it just makes sense. Levrerge something that's
already there. But we have a right-wing down here too so that'll never
happen. We use approx as many resources as any other western country, and
our climate change impact is under-reported because we have zillions of
sheep and cows. Not being a cynic, just realistic. It's still a beautiful
country and the people are great, but out clean green image is mainly
circumstance.