[kj] OT:PiL Tonight

gingoblin at easynet.co.uk gingoblin at easynet.co.uk
Thu Dec 17 06:39:51 EST 2009

It's the price of tickets, simple as that. Lydon got greedy, promoters
went with it, and ticket prices ended up at a fucking ridiculous £44-£46
once all the bullshit was added on. I don't know anyone up here that's
going to Glasgow tomorrow. If the tickets were a reasonable price, just
about everyone I know would go.
Now Lydon often warbles on about having made no money, but he often warbles
on a total load of pish on many subjects! He demanded too much money and
people decided he wasn't worth it. Thus the extra date at Brixton being
changed to the Electric Ballroom etc.
It's sad really... not seen 'em in over 20 years, and woulda really liked
to have caught one of these gigs. But I will only have the piss taken out
of me so much when it comes to tickets. And Hawkwind play Glasgow the
same night for about half the price!! So sorry Mr Lydon, this is what you
want, but it's not what yer gonna fucking get...

Dave in Edinburgh