[kj] 1984's lost album?

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Mon Dec 14 12:50:26 EST 2009

Well done that man!

-----Original Message-----
From: jon chapman <jonniespatula at hotmail.co.uk>
To: gathering at misera.net
Sent: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 12:19
Subject: Re: [kj] 1984's lost album?

Roskilde 29-6-84 Big Paul had his Foot in a cast. and in the clipping mentioned the journo's called him Ian Ferguson i think.

Subject: [kj] 1984's lost album?

Agreed, Todd. I felt at the time (and since) that they hit their optimal combination of (musical) strength and beauty in that era. A lot of the Night Time material has it as well, albeit with more keyboard and less guitar.

As I recall, there was a comment in Sounds (long defunct UK music paper) gossip columns / news pages / whatever in the summer of '84 making some comment to the effect that "the curse of Polydor continues, Big Paul has broken his leg, the next KJ album will be delayed". Do any of our scrap merchants have the clipping?

In terms of getting an answer from the band, I think our best chance of that has passed away (RIP Raven) though perhaps Big Paul could shed some light - particularly on whether he broke his leg in 1984!

Jamie