[kj] Big Paul and the lyrics

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 12 20:16:38 EST 2009

I'm glad Big Paul is helping to write the lyrics --

BUT I have to admit that "Extremities" has some of my favorite Killing
Joke lyrics ever. There are some classic lines in there that Jaz wrote
about how people perceive wealth, i.e. "feather the nest and fuck the
rest," which is a great line hat could be its own slogan, and which
seems to be the motto of so many greed-obsessed corporate ass-licking
craven social climbers, as he suggested. I.e. "I got mine, so fuck you."

But it will be cool to see what happens. The lyrics to "This Tribal
Antidote" and the "Hosannas"'s title song are atrocious (then again, so
are the lyrics to "Tabazan," when Big Paul was around) even though
musically those are some of my fave songs by them, incl. Tabazan. I just
pretend like I am not hearing the lyrics on those ones.

My 2 cents,

--Oliver