[kj] Killing Joke's 1979 song "You're Being Followed"

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 10 05:05:45 EST 2009

I was just re-listening to my own 2006 Killing Joke tribute podcast, and
the second song I play on it is a very cool live version of a song
titled "You're Being Followed."

http://radioschizo.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=116176

You can play it from there or download it as an mp3.

So - what is the story behind "You're being Followed"? It sounds pretty
kick ass yet I never see any mention of it, anywhere.

It has a chunky metal guitar riff, seems solidly punk or at least early
post-punk, but seems to have gone down the memory hole....? Just
curious. Live, it sounds great. But a lot of KJ songs sound great live
that end up sounding not-so-great in the studio. ;(

-Oliver